Summer’s been here for a while now and it has been very hot.
A perfect excuse for me to experiment on the sorbet front. I have made various combinations and am sharing an easy version with you today.
Why don’t you give it a go?
Mango passion fruit sorbet
- 500 ml mango passion fruit smoothie (I used the Innocent brand)
- 1 + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- For the sugar syrup put the water and sugar in a pot, bring it to a boil and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Let the sugar syrup cool completely.
- Pour the smoothie in a container that can go into the freezer, add the cooled sugar syrup and stir well.
- Put in the freezer for three hours, take it out and stir with a fork.
- Return it to the freezer for another three hours and repeat.
- Leave in the freezer until the sorbet has the consistency you like.
- Spoon it into a bowl and enjoy!
- You can also use 250 ml store-bought sugar syrup instead of making your own, but be aware that the result will be much sweeter, as the sugar syrup I made contains less sugar than goes into a regular sugar syrup.