In April I followed a 30 Day reset programme which focussed on healthy eating, exercise and general wellbeing.
I got to learn about and try new ingredients, used less dairy products and processed food, got moving again and learned how to be more mindful in daily life.
It was at that time that Steffi Vertriest published her first book: De Gezonde Goesting (Healthy Cravings), named after the TV show of the same name she presents on the Belgian cookery channel Njam. Both the book and the TV show are all about healthy eating, perfect to use during my 30 Day Reset programme (and beyond).
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is a twist on Steffi’s one for chocolate cookies .
I hope you’ll try the recipe, the cookies are yummy!
Almond chocolate balls
Ingredients (makes 15 mini balls)
- 50 g of mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 100 g almond flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 10 drops almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- With a small ice cream scoop, spoon 15 portions on a board.
- Roll each portion into a firm ball and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Leave on the tray to cool completely.
- Store in a sealable jar or tin.