This dish is inspired on Siba’s Chicken Pesto Penne. She is one of my favourite chefs on the Food Network and this recipe is a quick to prepare meal. Perfect for when you have finished a hard (or normal) day at work.
Pasta, pesto chicken
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 80 g penne pasta (uncooked)
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Oil from the pesto
- 120 g chicken breast, cut in bitesize pieces
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Parmesan shavings
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Put the tomatoes on a baking tray and put them in the oven.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add some oil from the pesto.
- Bake the chicken in the pesto oil until it is fully cooked.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes and chicken to the mushrooms.
- Spoon in the pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some Parmesan shavings.