I like making my own syrup to add to sparkling water or ice tea.
This lemony ginger one is not only refreshing but also has a soothing effect on the throat.
Why not have a go at making it? Let me know how you like it.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 250 g of ginger (sliced, not peeled)
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- Blend the water and ginger until smooth and transfer to a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and bring to a boil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Take the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Put the lid on and leave to cool completely (preferably overnight).
- Pour through a sieve.
- Store in a bottle in the fridge.
- This will keep 1-2 weeks in the fridge.
- Use with sparkling water for ginger lemonade or with cold tea for ice tea.