It’s been a long while since I posted my last breakfast recipe, so I thought I’d force my new granola recipe on you: pecan cranberry.
I hope you’ll try it and like this new addition.
Pecan cranberry granola
Ingredients (makes 650 g)
- 250 g oats
- 55 g desiccated coconut
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 130 g pecans
- 25 g flax seed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 30 g coconut oil
- 55g honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 100g dried cranberries
- 50 g dried bananas
- Preheat the oven to 125°C.
- In a bowl mix the oats, coconut, sesame seeds, pecans, flax seeds and cinnamon.
- Carefully warm the coconut oil and honey in the microwave (or on low heat on the cooker) until the honey has melted, then add the vanilla.
- Pour the warm mixture in the bowl with the other ingredients and stir well until everything is coated with the oil and honey.
- Transfer to a 24x17x5 cm baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Give the mixture a stir every 15 minutes. Repeat until everything is golden brown
- Transfer back into the bowl, mix in the dried fruits and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, store in jars.