Would you believe me, if I told you I never had pie? Well I haven’t. At least not a sweet pie. I had a steak and kidney pie in a pub in Penshurst, England, a number of years ago. But a sweet one? Never!
A few weeks ago I thought I’d have a go at making a sweet pie filling and I did. I have used it in several dishes, but not a pie. That’ll be something for me to try soon.
In this post, I’m sharing my recipe for cherry pie filling. I hope you’ll like it.
Cherry pie filling
Ingredients (1 450 ml jar)
- 1 350 g glass cherries
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml water
- Drain the cherries over a small cooking pot.
- Heat the juice and add the honey.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water until there are no lumps.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture in the pan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and cherries.
- Transfer into a sterilized jar and store in the fridge.
- This mixture isn’t only good as pie filling but is goes well in a trifle or as hot oatmeal topping.