I’ve always been fond of pesto. I used to buy it but making it is really easy peasy, so I now make my own.
I love it on pasta, fish, as dipping sauce for my Italian kebabs, with chicken… and it’s very easy to make. Keep on reading and find out!
- 2 pots basil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 150 ml mild olive oil
- Put the basil leaves, parmesan, nuts and garlic in a food processor and blitz it.
- While the machine is going, gently add the olive oil.
- Taste for seasoning and add some pepper and salt if you think it needs it.
- Pour the pesto in a jar, top it with some olive oil and put on the lid.
- Store in the fridge.
- Every time you use the pesto, cover it with a little olive oil before putting it back into the fridge, it’ll keep longer.