I can’t believe this is my 200th post! To celebrate, I’m going down memory lane.
There’s nothing as refreshing as a cold pasta salad.
This recipe is a combination of pasta, grapes, chicken, cheese and mayonnaise. I had this for the first time during my college days in Hasselt. I hadn’t had it again until last summer when I made my version of it. Needless to say it brought up memories.
I hope you’ll try it too and create some memories for yourself.
Chicken pasta salad
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 150 g chicken breast (cut into large pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp chicken seasoning
- 90 g pasta
- 150 g grapes (halved)
- 50 g cheese (diced)
- 1 ½ tbsp mayonaise
- In a sealable pot, mix the olive oil with the chicken seasoning.
- Add the chicken, put the lid on and shake the pot until all the chicken pieces are covered.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour (preferably overnight).
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package and let it cool off completely.
- Bake the chicken in a hot non-stick pan until it’s fully cooked (no need to add any oil as there’s enough in the marinade).
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and let them cool off completely.
- To assemble the salad mix the chicken, pasta, grapes, cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Put on the lid or cover with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for about an hour before serving.