Here’s a recipe for one of my favourite vegetables: carrots.
I like them cooked and then smothered in some onion and butter.
Have you tried yours like this? No? Why not have a go then?
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 400 g carrots (peeled and cut into 1/2 cm slices)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Pepper salt
- Put the carrots and onion in a saucepan.
- Fill the pan up to 1 cm above the veggies with water and bring to a boil.
- Gently boil the vegetables for about 5 minutes, until tender, and then drain them.
- Melt the butter on medium heat, add the carrots and onion and season to taste with salt and pepper.