This is my recipe for apple sauce.
I love eating it with roast chicken. It’s a variation of the Apple Treat recipe I shared with you a while ago.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3 ½ medium apples (peeled and diced)
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- Heat all of the ingredients in a covered pot over medium heat.
- Let it bubble for 10 minutes.
- Take the pot from the heat and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Eat right away or store in a sealable pot.
- You can freeze the apple sauce too. Get it out of the freezer well in advance and let it defrost completely. Eat it either cold or reheated.