You know I’m always good for another breakfast idea, right?
I’ve got this steaming basket that goes on top of one of my cooking pots but I hardly ever use it.
When I saw pins about steamed eggs appearing on my Pinterest feed, I knew I had to try making my eggs this way.
It took some practising and preparation time doesn’t only vary according to the egg size but also on whether you want the yolk to be runny or hard. Nothing new there!
It’s fun eating your egg from a muffin mould. Why don’t you try it?
Steamed eggs breakfast
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 large eggs
- 250 ml water
- Break the eggs in silicon muffin moulds and place them in the steambasket.
- Bring the water to a fierce boil.
- Put the steambasket on the pot and cover with the lid.
- Let steam for 5 minutes if you like your yolk runny or 10 minutes if you prefer hard yolks.
- Pat the eggs dry with a bit of kitchen paper and season with pepper and salt.