A while ago, I posted the recipe from my friend Sally’s website for smothered porkchops.
I liked it very much and wondered if it would also work with chicken. And it did!
Last time I made it, I had some left. I cut up the chicken and added some water to the mushrooms and sauce and I had some mushroom/chicken soup for the next day.
I hope you’ll try it and who knows, you may come up with another way of making it J Be sure to let me know in the comments below.
- 500 g white mushrooms (sliced)
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100 g fresh spinach
- 100 ml water
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 300 g chicken tenders (+/- 8)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and wilt the spinach in it.
- Drain the spinach, making sure to save the liquid to use later (press out as much liquid as you can).
- In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and sauté the mushrooms.
- After three minutes, add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Mix the cornflour with half of the water.
- Take the pan off the stove, add the cornflour mixture and stir well, add the chicken stock cube, the rest of the water and the liquid from the spinach.
- Put the pan back on the stove and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and spinach and stir well.
- Put the chicken tenders in an oven dish and pour the mushroom mix over it.
- Place the dis in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice, pasta, mashed or roasted potatoes.