Here’s a variation on the long salopette trousers pattern I posted a while ago.
I hope you’ll like it.
Garter stitch salopette trousers
Leg (make 2)
- * Begin at the lower end and cast on 26 sts.
- K 12 rows.
- Break off yarn and leave a long end.
- Transfer the sts to a spare needle.
- Work the second leg the same way from * to *.
- K across the sts on the needle and across those on the spare needle, knitting the last st of the one leg together with the first st of the second leg (51 sts).
- K 7 rows.
- (K1, K2tog) to end (34 sts).
- K 2 rows.
- In the following row cast off 10 sts, K5, cast off 4 sts, K5, cast off 10 sts, leaving a long end.
- * K over the first 5 sts until there are 18 ribs on the front.
- K2, yo, K2tog, K1.
- K 3 rows.
- Cast off *.
- Repeat on the other set of 5 sts from * to *.
- Weave in all the short ends.
- Join the back seam and one leg with the long end you have from casting off.
- Join the second leg with the other long end you left.
- Attach the buttons at the back of the trousers.
- Sew the top of the trousers to the first row of the jumper of the doll.
- Flap the strips to the back and close them with a button. You can choose to cross the strips at the back or not. They look a bit naughty when you cross them on the front.
Please check this list for abbreviations used.