Here’s another soup recipe to get you through the cold winter months. It’s a favourite of mine, I hope it’ll be yours too.
Tomato soup with meatballs
- ½ kg white onion (diced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 l passata
- 1 400 g tin tomato cubes with basil
- 1 l water
- 4 chicken stock cubes (reduced fat)
- Black pepper
- 300 g minced beef/pork mixture
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions for 5 minutes whilst stirring occasionally.
- Add the passata, tinned tomatoes, water and stock cubes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make small meatballs from the minced meat, put them in a pan which you fill with water to ± 2 above the meatballs and bring to a boil. The meatballs are ready when they float.
- Blend the soup and add the meatballs.
- Reheat when you’re ready to eat the soup.
- You can used whatever minced meat you like: beef, pork, veal, chicken, turkey, or a mixture.