I liked them as a kid and I still do now: sausage rolls.
They are a real crowdpleaser at parties, or great comfort food to have in front of the tv, and soooo easy to make.
Let me show you how…
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 300 g minced beef/pork mixture
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 ½ tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Mix the minced meat, curry powder, chives with some pepper and salt.
- Leave the mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour (overnight is good too).
- When you are ready to make the rolls, preheat the oven to 200°C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut it in 8.
- Divide the meat mixture in 8, form sausages and put them on the pastry pieces.
- Brush some egg was around the pastry, roll it over and press firmly (the fold facing down).
- With a fork, carefully press down the sides, prick the top a few times and give it a brush with some egg wash.
- Put the rolls on the baking sheet, leaving a bit of room to expand.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- As you see in the pictures, the package of meat I bought wasn’t enough to make 8 rolls.
- So I made 7 and made a salt and pepper snack from the last square of pastry.
- I cut the square in four, put some egg wash on each of them, sprinkled them with pepper and salt, then put them one on top of the other, pressed them lightly and baked it with the rolls.