Here’s a new dress pattern: a variation on the salopette dress from a while ago.
I hope you’ll like making it.
Garter stitch salopette dress
- Beginning at the lower end, cast on 66 sts.
- K 12 rows.
- K1, K2tog x32, K1 (34 sts).
- K 2 rows.
- In the following row cast off 10 sts, K5, cast off 4 sts, K5, cast off 10 sts, leaving a long end.
- * K over the first 5 sts until there are 18 ribs on the front.
- K1, yo, K2tog, K1.
- K 3 rows.
- Cast off *.
- Repeat on the other set of 5 sts from * to *.
- Weave in all the short ends.
- Join the back seam with the long end you have from casting off.
- Attach the buttons at the back of the dress.
- Sew the top of the skirt to the first row of the jumper of the doll.
- Flap the strips to the back and close them with a button. You can choose to cross the strips at the back or not. They look a bit naughty when you cross them on the front.
Please check this list for abbreviations used.