Here’s another yummy recipe for roasted chicken.
I hope you’ll like it.
Honey glazed chicken with peaches
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 1.3 kg chicken
- 1 tbsp goose fat
- 5 tbsp runny honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 peaches (halved)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Melt the goose fat and 4 tbsp of honey in the microwave oven.
- Prick the chicken all over with a skewer.
- Brush the fat/honey mixture over the chicken, set some aside for later.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken on a rack above a baking tray.
- Add water to the tray.
- Make a tin foil ball and put it under the chicken’s bottom to sit it up straight.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the rest of the fat/honey mixture and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile spoon 1/4 of honey on each of the peach halves and season them with salt and pepper.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, baste it with the remaining fat/honey mixture, add the peaches to the tray and bake for a final 20 minutes.
- Set the peaches aside.
- Turn the chicken with the breast down, cover with tin foil and let rest for half an hour (this will make the chicken breast more juicy and less dry).