Remember the multi-coloured crochet butterfly pattern I posted around Easter?
Well, today I’m sharing the pattern for a single-coloured one.
You can uses them as hairpin by attaching a hairpin at the back or as a brooch by sewing on a brooch pin.
They are great to use up bits and pieces of yarn. Let me know what you think!
Single-coloured crochet butterfly
- Make a magic circle and following sts all in the circle
- ch 3 (= 1st dc)
- 2 dc, ch 2
- 3 dc, ch 2
- 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2-
- Repeat from * to * until there are 8 groups of 3 dc separated by ch 2.
- Join with a sl st into the top of the 3ch at the start of the round.
- Sl-st into the top of the ch 3 at the beginning of the round and in the following 2 sts.
- Pull the tail of the ‘Magic Circle’ to close the hole, but leave a small space.
- In the ch 2 sp work ch 3 (= 1st dc), 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc.
- Work 3 dc, ch 2, 3dc into each ch 2 sp in the round.
- Join with a sl st into top of 3ch.
- There are 8 groups of 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc groups
- Sl-st into the top of the ch 3 at the beginning of the round.
- Sl-st until you have reached * the middle between two ch 2 sp and work 1 sc
- In the next ch 2 sp work 8 dc *.
- Work from * to * till the end of the round.
- Join with a sl st into the sc made at the binning of the round.
- Don’t fasten off the yarn.
- Ch 15.
- Fold the work in two.
- Bind the chain round the body and close with a sl st at the beginning of the chain and cut off yarn, leaving a long enough end and sew it in.
- Mmake a chain of 15 st.
- Pull it through at the top of the butterfly.
- Cut off the ends.
Please check this list for abbreviations used.