I can’t believe it’s the last day of Breakfast Week already!
As the cherry on the cake, my favourite breakfast in the whole wide world: Full English.
The only disadvantage of Full English used to be the washing up: a pan for the eggs, one for the bacon, another one for the sausages and a fourth for the vegetables. Until I came across this Jamie Oliver recipe for it when I saw him making it on TV. Clever Jamie using one tray only for most of the ingredients.
I often leave out the baked beans and black pudding. For this recipe I’m using bacon strips, as I don’t always get the typical English bacon in my shops.
This, for me, is more a brunch than a breakfast. I usually have it on a Sunday morning and eat some fruit between 8 and 10. The brunch plate is so well-filled that I don’t need another meal until dinner. Ideal when you’ve planned an afternoon out.
I hope you’ll enjoy it one Sunday morning soon.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 sausages
- 4 tomatoes
- 8 mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 100 g bacon strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- Bread or toast
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Bake the bacon strips in a non-stick frying pan without oil or butter until it’s crispy.
- Transfer the bacon to an ovenproof dish and put it in the lower part of the oven.
- Brush some olive oil on the sausages, put them on a baking tray and bake in the upper part of the oven for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the tray, brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the sausages on their other side, add the mushrooms to the tray and brush them with olive oil.
- Turn the oven to grill and bake for another 10 minutes.
- During these 10 minutes fry your eggs and make your tea.
- And Bob’s your uncle. Enjoy!