Can you believe we’re already over half way in Breakfast Week?
Today’s recipe is a new one I tried for the first time a few weeks ago. Sometimes we learn as we go along. I removed the stem from my bell pepper. That turned out to be a mistake. When I broke in the egg, some of the white leaked out on the tray, that’s why I’ve instructed to leave the stem on. I can see this being a great dish when you have guests over: you can use different colours of bell peppers and the guests can choose their colour.
I liked it very much and will certainly try it again. I hope you’ll have a go at it too.
Bell pepper breakfast bowl
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/2 large bell pepper of your choice (deseeded but with the stem)
- 1 extra large egg
- 30 g grated cheese
- 1 bread roll
- Tea or coffee
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or tin foil.
- Put the pepper on the tray and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Carefully lift out the pepper and remove the liquid.
- Return the pepper to the tray, break the egg in the pepper, cover with the cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
- Put the oven on grill and bake the pepper for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pepper to a plate, serve with the bread roll and tea or coffee.