On the menu for day 4 of Breakfast Week is my sunny side up breakfast.
I like eggs with my breakfast. If I could, I’d have them every day.
Sunny side up eggs make me happy. It is as if you’re inviting some sunshine on your plate. For me it always is an adventure too. I like cutting around the yolks, trying not to touch them, scooping them up with a fork and directing them to my mouth. When I’ve managed to get the egg there without breaking the yolk, my breakfast mission is succeeded. If I don’t, I usually need a change of clothes. Another way I like eating them is dunking my bread into the yolks.
I’ll no longer make your mouth water, so here’s the recipe.
Sunny side up breakfast
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 piece of cucumber
- 1 small slice of cheese
- 1 bread roll
- Tea or coffee
- Heat a pan over high heat.
- Melt the butter in the pan and break in the eggs.
- Turn the heat to medium and leave for 1 minute.
- Put a lid on the pan, lower the heat to low and leave until the egg white has set.
- Arrange eggs, vegetables, cheese and bread roll on a plate and serve with coffee or tea.