Mushrooms are by far my most favourite vegetables. I eat them raw, in omelettes, sautéed, baked in the oven…
A while ago one of the chefs I like, the South African Jenny Morris, tweeted that she liked mushrooms. I asked her what way she liked them best and the answer was “so many ways but my best is simply cooked in butter with a hint of garlic and fresh thyme”. So I experimented and came up with this recipe. Thanks for the inspiration Jenny!
I hope you’ll try it.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Melt half of the butter on high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and leave for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Stir once in a while until all the liquid has evaporation and the mushrooms start to brown.
- Season with the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for two minutes, stir in the remaining butter.