I like granola for breakfast with some yoghurt and fresh fruit.
Buying prepacked granola can be a nasty experience, or better said: eating it.
So I went on a hunt on the internet to find a recipe. The problem was that out of a number of recipes, I didn’t really like any of them. I ended up mixing bits and pieces from various recipes and came up with one I really like. My friends like it too and when they know I’m making it, they want part of the batch.
I adjusted the recipe a bit to make one for the Christmas period by adding dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, pecans, almonds and a bit of cinnamon instead of other ingredients as mixed nuts, raisins, dried bananas and dried apricots.
Try it and let me know if you like it or not.
- 500 g rolled oats
- 140 g desiccated coconut
- 60 g sesame seeds
- 60 g pumpkin seeds
- 100 g pecans
- 100 g almonds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 180 ml olive oil
- 140 ml runny honey
- 200 g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- In a large bowl mix the oats, coconut, sesame seeds, pecans, almonds and cinnamon.
- Carefully warm the olive oil and honey in the microwave till the honey has melted.
- Pour oil and honey in the bowl with the other ingredients and stir well until everything is coated with it.
- Transfer to a baking tin.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Give the mixture a stir every 15 minutes. Repeat until everything is golden brown.
- Transfer back into the bowl, add the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, transfer into jars.