This is another Nigella inspired recipe. In Nigella Express, there is a recipe for chipolata sausages with sesame oil, honey and soy sauce.
As I couldn’t find chipolata sausages, I came up with this recipe and added some sesame seeds. To my taste, it works best with a mixture of minced pork and beef. I have also tried them with beef only, minced veal, chicken and turkey but somehow always went back to pork/beef.
I hope you’ll like them too.
- 500 g minced pork/beef
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 big squidges of runny honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 220° C.
- Line a baking tray with a double layer of foil (this will prevent your tray to be ruined by the hot honey).
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- If you have the time leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours for all the flavours to come together.
- I use Miss Small Ice Cream Scoop (3 cm diameter) to scoop the mixture on a plate.
- I lightly rub my hands with some water (you may need to repeat when the meat starts sticking to your hands) and make balls which I put on the baking tray.
- When all the balls are done, I lightly press them down with a fork.
- Put the tray in the upper part of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn them halfway through.
- You can freeze the baked meatballs and reheat them when you’re ready to eat them.