This is one of the recipes from Nigella Christmas I wanted to try immediately when I bought the book 7 years ago. But for some strange reason, I never had a go at it.
Having started this blog, I felt I HAD to make it for this Christmas.
And it turned out to be as yummy as I thought it would 7 years ago.
- 200 g caster sugar
- 60 ml water
- 150 g golden syrup
- 150 g salted peanuts
- 5 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g soft butter
- 1 ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the sugar, water and syrup into a pan.
- Bring to the boil gently, then turn up the heat and let it boil seriously for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the nuts, vanilla, butter and bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the mixture onto the parchment paper and spread out with a wooden spoon.
- Leave to cool.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- You can make this up to 1 week before eating it. But I bet mine won’t keep that long!