The Lycheeni recipe from Nigella Christmas is one of my favourite drinks.
Nigella explains how to make it just in time for your guests to arrive or whenever you feel like having one.
I have tweaked it (what else?) and make it in a large jar which I keep in the fridge. Doing so allows for all the flavours to mix well and the lychees to be absorb the alcohol. When I want a drink, I just open my jar, ladle some in a glass and get comfy.
Also, I altered the amounts a bit and used no rum as suggested in the recipe.
I hope you have a go at it. Be careful. It drinks like lemonade but has a very different effect.
- 1 can lychees
- Crème de lychee or lychee liquor
- Drain the lychees over a bowl.
- Pour the syrup from the canned lychees in a measure cup.
- Add the same amount of vodka and the same amount of crème de lychee.
- Transfer the lychees and fluid to a large jar.
- Close tightly and keep in the fridge.