Ever since I bought Nigella Christmas I have loved this salt.
Small jars filled with this salty goodness make a perfect gift on their own or as part of a food basket.
Christmas spiced salt
Ingredients (enough for 1 x 500 ml jar)
- 250 g sea salt or maldon salt
- 2 tsp red peppercorns
- 2 tsp crushed dried red chillies
- 4 star anise
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix everything well.
- Transfer to a sterilized jar and seal tightly.
- This keeps for about a year in a cool, dark place.
- When I give spice mixes as presents, I either put them in a pepper mill or cute little jars. On the front I put a label with the name and on the back one with the explanation of what to use it with and how long to keep it.