This is the first of three short posts today.
I thought I’d let you have a look in my knitting kit.
Knitting dolls and their clothing doesn’t require a lot. You can make them in whatever yarn you like. Thin. Thick. New yarn. Leftover yarn. It doesn’t matter, as long as you use the right needles to fit your yarn. This makes it easier for both you and me as you may not find the yarn I’m using where you are.
Also, if you knit your doll with thin needles, don’t use thick ones for the clothes or vice versa. But you probably knew that already!
I use cheap yarn to fill my dolls. I think that gives the most beautiful results. You can use whatever stuffing you like: fiberfill, polyfill, batting, cotton wool, knitting yarn,…
For the eyes, I usually take wobbly ones and stick them on with glue. This is alright for older children, when knitting for young ones, you may want to use buttons or simply sew the eyes on.
When you’ve got everything on the following list, you are ready to get started.
- Yarn right in colours you like.
- 2 pair of knitting needles to fit the yarn.
- A crochet hook to fit the yarn.
- Tapestry needle.
- Wobbly eyes.
- Cheap yarn to fill the dolls.
- Buttons in all sizes, shapes and colours for clothes and eyes.
- Bells to sew on hats. Size depending on size of the doll and the noise you want it to make.